ProjectSend is an open source file and image sharing application. ProjectSend was initially released in 2007 when it was known as cFTP.
ProjectSend is a client-oriented file uploading utility. Clients are created and assigned a username and a password. Files can then be uploaded under each account with the ability to add a title and description to each.
When a client logs in from any browser anywhere, the client will see a page that contains your company logo, and a sortable list of every file uploaded under the client's name, with description, time, date, etc.. It also works as a history of "sent" files, provides a differences between revisions, the time that it took between each revision, and so on.
An additional benefit includes saving hundreds of megabytes on email accounts since every file remains until it's deleted.
- Really simple and attractive design. Ease of use for both users and clients!
- Unlimited file size uploading! (thanks to plupload, uploding in "chunks" allows you to overcome any server restriction on file and post sizes).
- Upload several files at a time and then add the information to all of them on a single screen.
- Upload from the web interface directly or by FTP, and then import the files into ProjectSend.
- Possibility to hide or show files from clients after the files are uploaded.
- User roles (Administrator. Account Manager, Uploader).
- Sortable full lists of files, users and clients.
- Two templates included: Default and Gallery; and more templates can be created.
- Options and branding. Your company logo is seen on the client pages.