LimeSurvey is an open source survey application. LimeSurvey was formerly known as PHPSurveyor.
LimeSurvey enables surveys to be developed and responses to be collected and analyzed. LimeSurvey includes a wide range of built-in question types, and a range of flexible options. Surveys can include branching, different layouts and designs (using a templating system), and can provide basic statistical analysis of survey results. Surveys can be public, or can be strictly controlled through the use of unique tokens for each survey participant.
- 28+ question types: From simple single choice or multiple choice questions to complex Google Maps, file upload, equations and semantic differential question types - all at your fingertips.
- What you see is what you get: Edit your survey contents with our HTML WYSIWYG editor. Enter any HTML code if you need to. Use piping, placeholder, micro-tailoring to display answers from previous questions later on.
- Quota management: Create as many quotas as you like for your survey to ensure the required composition of your participant group. For example: You would like to question 500 women and 500 men of a certain age range.
- Skip logic / branching: Filter subquestions based on previous multiple choice questions or skip questions based on previous answers. That way you can avoid non-relevant questions and keep your survey participants happy.
- Analyze your surveys easier: Use LimeSurvey's inbuilt assessment score system to create valuable analysis scores in your answer options. Immediately assess during the survey to create scores visible to the participant or not.
- Invite and remind: Send survey emails using our email server or your own email server. Non-responding participants can be reminded by email. Automatic bounce handling marks email addresses as invalid, so they are not invited again.
- Anonymized responses - protected participants: If this feature is active you and your participants can be sure that there is no relation between the response and the participant. Once activated for a survey it is no longer possible to deactivate it once the survey was launched.
- Open and closed surveys: Enable public participation in your surveys or allow access just by personalized email invitation. You can also ask participants to register before participating.
- Offline functionality: Execute pen-and-paper surveys or personal surveys. After capturing the response data, enter it manually by using a convenient data entry mode and process it further.
- Visualize your response data: Create statistics and engaging graphs with a few clicks for all questions of your survey. Filter the results based on certain responses. Export the statistics to Excel or PDF.
- Export your responses: Export your responses as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SPSS, R, Stata, PDF or just as CSV file format.
- Dynamic questions: Use answers given to your previous questions to validate and refine your results. Our powerful expression manager serves this purpose.